We are experts in helping children develop the speech, language and communication skills they need to thrive in a 21st century world.
is a world where all children have the communication skills they need to fulfil their potential.
is that no child should be left out or left behind because of a difficulty speaking or understanding.
Language skills are essential for children to survive and thrive, since language is the foundation for all relationships and learning. I CAN is:
- Child-centred – We are here to help children. We work directly with them, and with those that care for them, and include children and young people in our decision making.
- Communicative – Communication is our passion and improving communication is at the heart of everything that we do. Because good communication is always two-way, we listen and respond clearly to children, their families and those who work with us.
- Expert – We strive for excellence in everything we do by using evidence, expertise and experience. We use our resources effectively to make the greatest impact; evaluating this impact is central to our work.
- Innovative – We aim to change things for the better and are constantly developing and evaluating new and effective approaches to support children and their families.
- Involving – We value the contribution of others. By working together, we can make a greater impact on more children's lives.
- Transparent – We share information about our plans and progress so that we are accountable for everything we do. Equality of opportunity is central to what we do.
Our impact report sets out the positive changes we’ve made to the lives of children with SLCN across the UK.
We’re incredibly proud of our achievements over the past year. We’re continuing to make a difference to millions of children in the UK who would otherwise have been left behind.
If you would like to access historical records, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org