Early Talk Supporting Communication
This course forms the Early Talk ‘Supporting Communication’ training and will help practitioners working with pre-school children to promote the development of good communication skills in all children.
By the end of the course participants will:
- be aware that language is about understanding, expression and social interaction
- understand how children develop language skills at home and pre-school
- be aware that language and learning are linked
- have the ability to use a range of strategies that could help children to access the pre-school environment
- Understand the range of language difficulties that children might experience and some of the signs to look out for
- have the ability to list some of the ways that speech and language difficulties can affect a child in the practitioner’s workplace
- have the ability to identify three positive communicative behaviours that they will use with children
- One day training
- Comprehensive training pack with full facilitation notes and participant handouts
- Reflective practice workbook
Who should attend?
- Suitably qualified trainers
- Early years/pre-school practitioners who have limited experience of working with children who have speech, language and communication needs or who want to increase their knowledge of the development of speech, language and communication.
- Speech and language therapy assistants who have limited experience of working with children in early years/pre-school settings.
- Speech and language therapists who are new to working with early years/pre-school practitioners or settings and would benefit from sharing experience, knowledge and skills.
Contact the Training Team – we are always happy to work with you to meet your specific requirements call us on 0845 225 4073. Email email@example.com and please provide your contact name, position, school name, address, contact phone number and best time to reach you by phone