I CAN Help Enquiry Service
Free Phone Call from a Speech and Language Therapist
Concerned about a child's talking, listening and understanding? Are you looking for more information about speech, language and communication?
Call 020 7843 2544 to arrange a free phone call from one of our speech and language therapists through the I CAN Help Enquiry Service or you can email your questions to email@example.com
We can help explain any aspect of children's talking and communication development that you may be concerned about. We can also talk you through ages and stages and what you can do to help your child and get the right support.
We have helped hundreds of parents and practitioners with a wide range of queries:
"Thank you, you have answered my queries 100%. The resources will be a big help." Parent.
We have helped hundreds of parents and childminders, teachers and SEN staff with a wide range of queries, giving useful tips, resources, relevant activities and signposting to helpful organisations. This is a great service to recommend to friends, colleagues and any parents you know.
The call is completely confidential and the information you provide will not be passed on to any third parties, unless something is mentioned in the call which gives us cause for concern.
I CAN's speech and language therapists can:
- Provide information about speech and language development
- Suggest ideas and activities for developing speech language and communication skills
- Talk you through typical language development and direct you to additional support if you are concerned about a child's speech, language and communication
- Explain what speech and language therapy is and how it benefits children and young people
- Direct you to information and activities to support children with speech, language and communication needs (SLCN), including information on ways to support children in a pre-school/school setting
- Direct you to information, training and research about best practice for professionals
- Provide objective expert information in response to your questions
- Provide information about the types of support and provision that are available to children and young people with SLCN
As this service does not include meeting and assessing children, we are unable to provide specific advice about a child or the level of provision they should have.
Call-back times will be booked at least two days ahead and the calls will last up to 30mins. Please ensure the person who books the call is the person who will receive the call.
- Call 020 7843 2544 to book your call-back from a speech and language therapist or email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the Talking Point website for more information about speech, language and communication
- If you would like to give out these A6 fliers about our service, please order them free of charge through our online shop.
- Print out this poster for the service to display at your workplace, health centre, school or children's centre.
- View the I CAN Help Factsheets on the right hand side of this page, for information and tips regarding topics, such as: English as an Additional Language; Glue Ear; Visual Timelines; stammering and much more.