Early Talk 0-5
Why Early Talk for 0–5 years?
Communication and language skills are the foundation for children's learning and key to their life chances. In some parts of the UK, over 50% of children start school without essential communication skills. These skills are the vehicle for learning, making friends and succeeding in life.
The revised Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) 2012 framework recognises communication and language as one of the three prime areas for learning and development.
What is Early Talk for 0–5 years?
Early Talk 0-5 years is I CAN's highly successful communication and language programme, aimed at the early years workforce in partnership with parents.
Early Talk 0-5 years training courses and accreditation programmes have been independently evaluated as enhancing the learning environment for all children, with a long-term positive impact on staff and practice.
Developed over 10 years, Early Talk 0–5 years provides a suite of programmes that enables you to support all young children's communication skills through a range of strategies and techniques. Every element of Early Talk 0-5 years will contribute to your Level 3 Children and Young People's Workforce Diploma, or the Continued Professional Development Award in Speech, Language and Communication.
New to our suite is the Nuffield Early Language Intervention programme, the only programme for this age group that has been evaluated using a robust randomised controlled trial.
Do you want...
- to build on your confidence and skills to support communication and language development for young children aged 0–5?
- practical advice and strategies to support parents and families you are in contact with?
- support with implementing the communication and language element of the statutory progress check between 2 and 3 years?
- to create an enabling environment that supports every unique child's need to become resilient, capable, confident and self assured?
- a highly skilled early years workforce to help narrow the gap and help improve the life chances of young children?
- to ensure that all children in your care are supported to be school ready?
- confirmation that your setting provides a quality and consistent environment which supports communication and language?
If so, Early Talk 0-5 years can help.
If you are a setting or school interested in training your staff in Early Talk or you would like to find out more about becoming an Early Talk Licensed Tutor please contact I CAN today on 020 7843 2515.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide a contact name, setting/school name, address, contact phone number and where you heard about Early Talk.